I absolutely love Nutella and all things Nutella rated, when I lived in Bristol there was this wonderful cafe that served Nutella alla Crostata I was pining for them the other day but unfortunately pastries aren’t my forte so I came up with this instead. The addition of Sea Salt was inspired by last weeks episode of Bake Off, Victoria Coren – Mitchell (who is a total babe) went a bit crazy with her Salted Chocolate Cake, I can’t say I’m quite on her level with the amount of salt she used but I did like the idea.
150g Butter (Room Temperature)
1 Cup Caster Suger
Dash of Vanilla extract
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Nutella
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line or grease a cookie sheet.
1. Start by creaming the butter and sugar together until it is well mixed.
2. Beat the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture and then add the vanilla.
3. Add all the dry ingredients in and mix together until it forms a dough.
4. Stir in the Nutella but be careful not to over mix, ideally you want to create a marble effect.
5. Refrigerate the mixture for an hour (this helps the cookies keep its shape while baking)
6. Scoop the dough into balls and flatten gently with a fork.
7. Lightly dust with some Sea Salt and pop in the oven for 15 minutes and leave to cool when done.
You can add chocolate chips or nuts but I think they are perfect as they are.