Raspberry and white chocolate is a marriage made in heaven, I love to experiment with these two ingredients especially as raspberries are in season. This is one of my go to recipes in my arsenal of baking, I have tried and tested many recipes and finally figured one out that works really well. So i am really looking forward to sharing this.
So what you will need:
200g Butter (Room temperature)
200g Self Raising Flour
Dash of Vanilla Essence
150g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
150 g White Chocolate Pieces (I use Whitakers)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C. Grease or line a baking tin.
2. In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy I use a hand mixer for this just to save time. Slowly pour in the eggs while mixing and then add the vanilla essence.
3. Gently fold the flour into the mixture incorporating all the ingredients.
4. Add the raspberries and white chocolate to the mixture be careful not to over mix otherwise the berries will come apart.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin you prepared earlier and pop into the oven. Let it bake for 30 to 35 minutes. It can be tricky to tell when they’re done but basically you want them to be a bit gooey in the middle. Let it cool once baked and slice them up for your enjoyment.
Tips and Tricks
– Feel free to add macadamia nut its such a perfect compliment to white chocolate.
– Careful not to get too much white chocolate on the exposed baking surface area as it easily burns you could also refrigerate the chocolate before hand.
– Enjoy with ice cream.